March 18, 2012

Weekend Paint Project: Polka Dot Flower Pots



I've been ready for spring since before December 1st, but now that we've had almost a straight week of 70 degrees + weather, I've really got spring fever! After saving some basic flower pots from the dumpster at work, I went to Hobby Lobby and got some brightly colored acrylic paints.



Maybe red and black don't seem like a natural choice for spring? Well in that case, you must not live in North Carolina and you must not be a WOLFPACK fan?! After all, it is March Madness and they did just win their way to the sweet sixteen! My bracket is nearly destroyed, but I'm actually glad to see it!


Just because it's chipped, doesn't mean it's ruined.


A little paint goes a long way! (sometimes two coats)


Add some polka dots.. I recommend using round foam brushes. They're inexpensive and work really well.


Cute, huh? This is a great project for kids, too!


Think about using these for Easter baskets. Candy easily fits inside, and it's a lasting gift that can be used for everything from flowers to pencils and supplies for your desk at work.




GO WOLFPACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment