December 18, 2011

A lot like Christmas

With less than a week before Christmas, I suppose I should show pictures of my mantle and tree, and some other decorations I've found. But that's not all- I finally mastered Monkey Bread (after several failed attempts). I've been on a cinnamon and sugar kick for over a week, but during the holidays there's nothing better!

Similar to the Durham's, you can easily make your coffee table centerpiece festive- add Christmas ornaments, and glittered pine cones to the mix! And/or you can add candles.



I love this tree because it's really fun and girly and beautiful. The top has so much personality!



Love the flowers pinned in the tree!


Now for my (skinny) tree-
Nothing super awesome BUT I do love my "B" and "E" ornaments that I received as a gift last year. Next year, I'd rather wrap my ribbons around horizontally, weaving them between the branches.

To make your skinny/bare tree look fuller, you can use the really inexpensive thin garland and layer it between the tree branches. Works like a charm!



My mantle came out much better than I anticipated and it's become my favorite part of my decorations this year. The white wine bottles may look familiar, you can find out how to make them here.


This is a 9ft garland strand with 2 strings of lights, 30 round (shatterproof) ornaments, 4 glass twisted ornaments, 8 poinsettia flowers, and ribbon


All this decorating makes for one sleepy Christmas puppy!


Now for the cinnamon sugar goodness of Monkey Bread!
 Check out this recipe, it's so delicious- IheartFood&SoCanYou Blog

(Photo borrowed from the above blog)


Let me know if you have any questions, and don't forget to follow my blog to stay up on new recipes,
 DIY projects and crafts!

1 comment:

  1. Love your decorating ideas! And those cinnamon sticks look BEYOND delish!

    Happy Holidays Elizabeth!
    Katie

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete